Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Victoriana at Its Best



Mrs. Sharp's Traditions: Reviving Victorian Family Celebrations of Comfort & Joy
by Sarah Ban Breathnach

One of my favorite books!  It has lovely Victorian pictures in a month-by-month treatment of various holidays and seasonal celebrations with great recipes and ideas on how to observe these special days.  In the process, "Mrs. Sharp" manages to put forth a gentle, family-centered philosophy of life.

This is the first Sarah Ban Breathnach book I came across several years ago.  I loved it so much that I went out and got her Simple Abundance books.  Personally I prefer Mrs. Sharp over her widely popular series.


This post is part of Orange Week on the blog.  Check out the other posts:
Orangey Jar Cozy
In Love with Mandarin Oranges
Avocado & Orange Salad


No comments:

Post a Comment