Sunday, October 4, 2009
Closing the Bind-Off Gap
Here’s how to close the gap between the first and last bound-off stitches when knitting in the round:
1. After binding off, cut the yarn and tie off. *
2. Split the end yarn into 2 strands.
3. With a crochet hook or yarn needle, thread one strand of the end yarn through the first bound-off stitch.
4. Tie the 2 strands of end yarn together tightly. This joins the final round of your knitting.
5. Work in ends.
* Note: For narrow-striped knitting, you don’t have to divide the end yarn into 2 strands. Just tie off, thread the end yarn (from the final stripe) through the first bound-off stitch, and tie it to the other color’s yarn end (from the next-to-last stripe).
For more knitting tips that will help with Witch Warmers see
Preventing Uneven Ribs
Big Magic Loop
Quick and Dirty Striping
Adding a Color in the Round
Straightening and Joining in the Round
Magic Loop Rocks!
Short Witch Warmers
Black Attack: Working with Dark Yarn
Cast-Ons: Keeping Count
I Love Cable Cast-On