Sunday, February 19, 2012

Circle Lap-ghan



This little lap-blanket is crocheted as a full circle, using a large hook with 2 strands of yarn held together. It’s fast and easy, and the big stitches give it lots of loft and a relaxed drape. It works well as an around-the-shoulders wrap, too. This makes a great prayer shawl.

U.S. crochet terms

Skill Level   Easy

Yarn
approx. 1600 yds/1463m acrylic, wool, or blend worsted weight in 3 colors

Schematic diagram included.

A free .pdf of this pattern is available as a download from Ravelry.
download now


Check out this one in manly colors: Gray's Afghanatomy.
This pattern is featured on:
Recommended Yarn for This Pattern
Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted Weight Yarn
This is my all-time favorite yarn. It's nice to work with, has the warmth of wool, and the washability of acrylic. It is machine washable and dryable. I love to use it for gifts, because it's so easy to care for. And it comes in lots of great colors.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I am going to try this with the odd single skeins of baby yarn I have. It looks quick which is what I need because I have a two-week old niece and my first grandbaby is due any day. Gotta get going.

    ReplyDelete