Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Black Attack: Working with Dark Yarn
Going blind from working with skinny black yarn?? Here are some ideas I have gleaned from other folks and my own experience, that will make knitting the Witch Warmers pattern much easier:
- Wear your strongest reading glasses, if you have them.
- Have plenty of light, preferrably from the sides.
- Use a light-colored visual background like white clothes, or spread out a white cloth in your lap. Holding the pattern pages in your lap helps brighten it up, too.
- Avoid dark-colored needles.
- If you’re making stripes and you have to rip out stitches, take out enough rows to be able to pick up stitches in the colored yarn instead of black.
For more knitting tips that will help with Witch Warmers, see
Preventing Uneven Ribs
Big Magic Loop
Closing the Bind-Off Gap
Exquisite Striping in the Round
Quick and Dirty Striping
Adding a Color in the Round
Straightening and Joining in the Round
Magic Loop Rocks!
Short Witch Warmers
Cast-Ons: Keeping Count
I Love Cable Cast-On