Sunday, August 23, 2009
Adding crocheted fringe is a great way to change the look of a favorite pattern: hat, scarf, shawl, bag, whatever.
Here’s how to add it to the Gypsy Turban.
1. After binding off, don’t cut the yarn or tie off.
2. Turn the work, and insert a US size F crochet hook into the loop left from the last bind-off.
3. Chain 11.
4. Starting in the 2nd chain from the hook, work a slip stitch into each chain (10) going back down to the turban edge.
5. Single crochet in the top loop of each of the next 3 bound-off edge stitches.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you reach the end of the bound-off edge stitches.
7. Single crochet tightly along the edge across to the beginning of the fringe.
8. Slip stitch to the first base stitch of the fringe.
9. Tie off.
For more tips on knitting the Gypsy Turban, see
Cast-Ons: Keeping Count
3-Needle Bind-Off for Dummies
I Love Cable Cast-On
Checkerboard Stitch Gypsy Turban