Saturday, October 31, 2009

Preventing Uneven Ribs

Have you ever noticed that ribbing can have an uneven look, especially when knitting in the round? This happened to me, and I figured out that my problem was when I did the yarn-over to switch from knit to purl, it wasn’t tight enough, making the last knit stitch in the rib look too big. So I solved it by giving an extra little tug before the purl, to tighten up the yarn-over.

This can also happen during moss (seed) stitch, checkerboard stitch, and linen stitch. An extra tug after each yarn-over solves the problem every time.

For more knitting tips that will help with the Witchy Tube Top pattern, see:
Big Magic Loop
Swatch Wars
Cast-Ons: Keeping Count
Black Attack: Working with Dark Yarn
Adding a Color in the Round
Preventing Ladders
Quick and Dirty Striping
Exquisite Striping
Closing the Bind-Off Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment