Monday, April 22, 2019

A New Name for the Turban Patterns


knitted turban
Fortune-Teller Turban

The G*psy Turban has a new name.  Thanks to a fellow pattern designer, I have been made aware that the Roma people currently consider "G*psy" to be a pejorative term.*  So I have changed the name to reflect the actual inspiration for the design: Fortune-Teller Turban.

Paintings of fortune-tellers from the Middle Ages gave me the images that served as models for the two patterns, which I published in 2009.  So voila--new name!

Now, the knitted G*psy Turban is called the Fortune-Teller Turban.

And the G*psy Turban in Crochet is now called the Fortune-Teller Turban in Crochet.

Done.  I feel better--do you?


crocheted turban
Fortune-Teller Turban in Crochet

* "...rejected by Roma organisations, who ask for the autonym ”Roma” to be used."

No comments:

Post a Comment