Saturday, May 1, 2010

Love Those Legwarmers



The Blog Week question for today is: What is the current state and use of an object you have crocheted or knitted?



Here is my crochet answer: I made these as prototypes for my Witch Warmers in Crochet pattern, and I knew I would wear them more than the other items (armwarmers and neckwarmer), because I am a dress-wearer. Yes, I wear dresses and sometimes skirts pretty much all the time. For me, it’s just way more comfortable, and that means on chilly days I need a little extra on my legs. I particularly like legwarmers because you can start the day with them over your socks, and then as it warms up outside, you can just take them off and have your normal socks... sort of like convertible kneesocks.

Current state: well, since they were prototypes, they are waiting to be frogged down to the ruffles and re-worked. This is because the pattern was improved during testing and these don't have a jogless (virtually) join to the stripes. Thanks to Absinthia, I can remake them so the jog doesn't end up spiralling around my leg.

If you want to see more posts from other bloggers participating in Blog Week, click here to find links:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=knitcroblo6&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

(Blog Week Day 6 tag: knitcroblo6)

2 comments: