Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Sagefrost Gypsy Turban
This variation of the Gypsy Turban in Crochet uses acrylic worsted weight yarn and a fuzzy, white boucle yarn called "Snow White," a vintage yarn that I got from a lady in Canada. Any fuzzy or shiny or bouclé yarn in a contrasting color would work fine too. Here's how I made this turban:
1. Make the starting chain in the "frost" or white yarn.
2. Continue for 2 rounds with the main color, sage in this case, carrying the white yarn up the wrong side of the work.
3. Add a slip-stitch round of white.
4. Switch back to the main color and work a few more rounds.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until you have finished the turban rounds.
6. End with a slip-stitch round of white.
For crochet tips on this pattern see the following posts:
Scrappy Gypsy Turban
Tying Off After Joining
Avoiding Stiff Crochet