Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday: A Hat for Halloween



I know, this doesn't look like a work-in-progress (WIP).  But really, it is.  This is the second prototype for my upcoming free witch hat pattern.  The reason I consider it to be unfinished  is because it needs some tweaking, and I ran out of purple yarn and had to finish the point with brown.  The next  tweaks to the design will be to widen the brim and make the stripe lower.  With any luck, I'll have the pattern done in a few days.

Below is the first prototype.  While it looks pretty good flat, it looks very dumb on the head--the proportions just aren't right, and it's not stiff enough to stand up very well.  Also, this shot is of the back, showing the stripes' color change junctions.



You can find links to other WIP Wednesday posts online here and here.

6 comments:

  1. Great pattern idea, I look forward to seeing the final design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished design. I never even thought of knitting part of my outfit for Halloween, so thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hats! Great color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

    ReplyDelete