Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Polish Granddaughter




First, I want to say thank you, Shel, for nominating me for a blog award... you are too kind!

Since I made the decision a couple of years ago, that participating in this type of "blogfest" was not going to work for me, I want to feature Shel's blog, A Polish Granddaughter, in today's post.  This is truly one of my favorite blogs, and if you like mine, you will like Shel's.  She and I are cut from the same cloth.

Michelle is a professional woman, a rennie (Renaissance festival-goer), wife, mother, and aunt who is raising her 3 remarkable nephews.  She is an avid crafter and cook, and she regularly shares recipes from her hand-written family cookbook.  (How cool is that??)  She also features her husband's latest leather creations on the blog.  They are marvelous.

I can't say enough good things about Michelle, so you'll just have to go see her blog.  Here's a bit from her profile:

"As I have grown older, I have realized more and more how much my Grandmother has influenced who I am, what I do and what I love.  I spent every weekend with my Grandmother while growing up and she taught me to knit, to crochet, to sew, to cook, to bake, to be there for family, to live a spiritual life, to be grateful for what you have, and sooooo much more.  This blog is my way of acknowledging everything she gave me, everything I learned and maybe pass on some of that knowledge to others."

I get tears in my eyes every time I read that.



2 comments:

  1. You are truly a wonderful friend - and as I said, your blog posts are an inspiration to me. I fully understand taking time away from blogging - I did alot of that this year for various reasons - but never stop it. I nominated you because your blog "illuminates" those parts of life that I so treasure. The commitment to a vegetarian lifestyle, the importance of reusing what we already have, the love of family and the beauty of artistry. So know that you deserve this award and that I hold you in such high esteem (as does my family - ESPECIALLY with respect to your recipes!!)

    ReplyDelete