Thursday, March 17, 2011

Do the Right Thing


For all my life, I have known that nuclear power is just too dangerous to be used as a source of energy. And yet, nukes have been built all over the world and even in my own telephone area code. Day after day of looking at what Japan is going through, it's time to do something.

Nuclear energy is not socially responsible.

Here's what I did:
1. Googled "nuclear," "power" and my town to find the nearest plant
(or use this site: http://www.nrc.gov/info-finder/reactor/)
2. Sent an email to them (see below)
3. Blogged about it

Subject: Responsible Nukes

Do the right thing. Don't make Texas into another Japan. You are placing us all in danger.

Close your plant and get it all out of here NOW.

- a Rockport resident



For a series of letters in response to this post, see
A Conversation with Absinthia, Part 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment