Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Mother's Crochet Hook



The Blog Week question for today is... well, I'm not using it,* so here's the wildcard question: Do you have a particular knitting/crochet tool that you love to use?



Here is my knit answer: Yes, my favorite knitting tool is a crochet hook. It saves me when I have dropped stitches, and I love it because it was my mother’s. This is one of the earliest tools I remember seeing her work with... takes me way back to being, oh, a toddler probably.

This little steel hook has “0 Boye 0” written on one side of the grip, and “U.S.A. 10¢” on the other side. I do love it! From mother to daughter, it’s part of the legacy. Sigh.

If you want to see more posts from other bloggers participating in Blog Week, click here to find links:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=knitcroblowc&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

(Blog Week Wildcard tag: knitcroblowc)

* The Blog Week Day 7 yarn question just wasn’t going anywhere for me. I have yarns that I use a lot, but I’m not especially enthralled with them. When working on patterns that I’m designing, I try to use widely available, easy-to-care-for yarns that aren’t too expensive... but not 100% acrylic.

3 comments:

  1. That was fun; I'm glad you went for the wild card. My favorite hook was my grandmother's, and it's a size "Loreal." I think it's about a 10, but I really like telling people I use a size Loreal! 10 cents... wow, those were the days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Loreal for a crochet hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! I wish I had some crafts tool or item that was passed down to me - it would feel very special indeed. Seems I'm the only crazy crafts-obsessed oddity in my family... I don't mind odd, but I do mind being the only one...

    ReplyDelete