Saturday, May 1, 2010

My First Lace Motif



The Blog Week question for today is: What is the current state and use of an object you have knitted or crocheted?



Here is my knit answer: Knitted lace has been a daunting idea for me, and this was my first project that featured an actual picture in lacey stitches. It's a bluebonnet, the state flower of Texas, and by the way, we just finished an outstanding season of wild bluebonnets blanketing hill and dale. The motif was designed by my favorite knitter, Sasha Evans (sashapervaya on Ravelry), and it is featured in her headband pattern, Bluebonnets.

Current state: I keep forgetting to wear it... fits great, I do wear headbands when I go out at night, like to a concert or a movie, but I just keep forgetting to get it out. I’m going to put it in a little ziploc and keep it in my purse, so it will be there when I need it.

If you want to see more posts from other bloggers participating in Blog Week, click here to find links:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=knitcroblo6&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

(Blog Week Day 6 tag: knitcroblo6)

No comments:

Post a Comment