Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Beautiful Drape, Please



The Blog Week question for today is: Is there a skill related to your hobby that you hope to learn one day?


Here is my crochet answer: I want to be able to crochet a beautifully draped fabric that will make for a lovely-fitting shawl. I don’t want it to feel like being wrapped with a quilt or cardboard. I want fluidity, I want stretch and give, I want a crochet version of Cheryl’s Prayer Shawl, which is knitted and pictured above. I have tried using a big hook with skinny yarn, and it came out too stretchy. Next time, I’ll use the same yarn and a slightly smaller but still oversized hook. Wish me luck!

If you want to see more posts from other bloggers participating in Blog Week, click here to find links:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=knitcroblo4&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

(Blog Week Day 4 tag: knitcroblo4)

No comments:

Post a Comment